Monday 28 February 2011

Our house in the middle of our street :
Blog readers ! I owe you a big apology... If my blogging has been a little erratic (to say the least) over the past couple of weeks, it is because we’ve finally moved into our new house ! After two temporary homes and a four day stay at a hotel when we were really stuck , we are finally here.

I have to say ‘S’ and I couldn’t have survived it all without the help and support of our wonderful friends:
- ‘F’ who hid all my worldly possessions in a cupboard at the School of Science for four days.
-  ‘K’ who helped us big time on moving day, in spite of her fragile shoulder.
- ‘L’ who drove me to Ikea in her lovely big van so that we didn’t have to sit on the floor.
- ‘M’ who was brave enough to look after ‘S’ and his own two girls to enable said trip to Ikea.
- ‘L’ and ‘E’ our lovely new neighbours who helped us when the front door key wouldn’t work on the first. night.
- ‘S’ my best girl, who has put up with an awful lot of instability during the last three months, without a grumble !

We also had some beautiful and practical moving in presents, including : A rain gauge; a Christmas cactus; a cake stand; a bottle of wine; a cat cup, a fruit bowl, a really individual piece of artwork that brought a tear to my eye, plus an unexpected hamper from my mortgage company... Thanks guys it was all fabulous and helped make our house into a home...

 

Thought you’d like to see a picture of our garden (taken in early January, before we moved in, when it was still frosty)... At the moment it’s a bit of a concrete jungle, but we’ve got big plans ! I’m not sure that the swimming pool  and trampoline that ‘S’ has asked for will fit, but hopefully we can make it a little oasis of ‘chill’ in one way or another ! I know one thing though, some strange force seems to be compelling me to get a banana tree – not sure why, but it seems like the right thing to do !


I should really put a parental advisory for the lyrics on this song, which was originally released in October 2009. It reminds me of friend K’s favourite saying ‘Geologists know what makes the bedrock.’ I’ve chosen it as my record (or should that be MP3, as I’m sure vinyl copies are few and far between) of the week as it will forever remind me of moving day. ‘K’ and I played it over and over, singing along to all the (somewhat questionable) lyrics as we ferried my stuff between F’s secret cupboard at the School of Science and the new house. Enjoy, but I won’t force you to sing along if you don’t want to ! Jerushah X

No comments:

Post a Comment