Thursday 9 December 2010

Great weather for shorts !

Woman flu (much worse than man flu):
I have to admit that I am not my usual bouncy bubbly self this week as I have a rotten cold! It is so awful that my office colleagues have been standing a bit further away from me than usual and I have been sitting in self imposed isolation in a forgotten corner of the office! Despite my best efforts, I am sure I must have passed on a germ or two here and there this week...

So apologies in advance anyone who caught my cold!!!


After effects of the snow ?

I feel the need to report that there has been some very strange behaviour around the Medway campus this week...

Firstly, I came out of the Pilkington to see a guy run screaming down the steps from Central Avenue. Fire?  I thought... Flood? No, that happened in Blake Building. The poor (t-shirt clad) guy was being pelted from above with snowballs by his friends (I use that term very loosely). He made a break for the Pilkington door, only to virtually slip over on a patch of ice he hadn’t noticed...  

Secondly, my friend ‘K’ was coerced into wearing shorts to our Research Methods lecture on Wednesday... and the reason? She had the ill fortune to make (and lose) a bet about Frankenstein’s monster with our distinguished course coordinator ‘P.’

I made a future mental note not to make any wagers with academic staff... Take this as a cautionary tale and remember, they know an awful lot about an awful lot and not always what you’d expect!



J’s record of the week :
‘Last Christmas’
by Wham



It is with great reluctance and considerable embarrassment that I have chosen this song for my record of the week.

My friend (or fiend? Not sure!) ‘S’ gave me a great suggestion to solve our housing crisis temporarily. In fact his idea worked out so well that it truly made the best of what could have been a bad situation, and we are now happily enjoying our cottage as a result! Jokingly I said ‘I owe you a big favour S_ _  after supplying an idea of such brilliance!’ to which he replied ‘Actually Jerushah, there is something you can do for me....’


Yes you’ve guessed correctly he asked for his own request for ‘J’s record of the week.’ I am a woman of my word... though you know what the worst of it is? I do really have this record on real vinyl somewhere in a ‘cupboard of shame’ at my mum’s house where all my embarrassing teenage music choices of the 1980’s came to rest.

I didn’t tell my friend though, I’ll just let him read my blog! Jerushah x

No comments:

Post a Comment