Friday 18 March 2011

Naughtiness in the lab



Or:



Beware of bored friends !


Well, well, well... I have had a very interesting time in the lab this week, ‘Have you discovered some hitherto, as yet, unidentified diatom?’ I hear you ask. The answer to that is ‘No.’ In fact, it was interesting for all the wrong reasons ! Here is a photo of me using the ‘Malvern Mastersizer,’ which is a piece of equipment used for grain size analysis (I was analysing my samples from the infamous Hornchurch core if you are interested).


I was concentrating on my work, being a model of virtue and industriousness. There was just one little problem, however. Friend ‘K’ was bored. Having been much more efficient than me earlier on in the day she had finished all her samples (eight compared to my fifty-two) nice and early.

While my back was turned, she had secretly taken my phone and was typing the rudest message imaginable to my research supervisor - Lucky I turned around before she hit ‘send’ or I would have been in big trouble!



J's record of the week:

'I'm coming out'

by

Diana Ross


This song was written and produced by the legendary Nile Rodgers (of Chic). It was released in 1980 on the ‘Diana’ album. I do remember it at the time, although I was only six !

My main reason for choosing this song is that one of my work colleagues was singing it for the WHOLE of last Monday... As you’ll know if you’ve heard it, the song is so catchy, I just couldn’t help myself but make it my record of the week, for this week ! Thank you ‘S H!’

Jerushah X

1 comment:

  1. i gues i have an idea of the possible author.

    ReplyDelete