Friday 7 January 2011

Tez: Living The Dream!



Far flung family :
This week will be a bit sad for me as I will say goodbye to my little brother ‘T’ for about six months. I was very sad not to catch up with him at Christmas...
Mainly because I had a frustratingly bad episode of ‘woman flu !’
I really admire him, as he is one of the few people I know who really, truly follow their dreams.
Since we were kids he has been a professional ‘surf dude.’ Each year he spends six months surfing the Cornish waves, doing a bit of beach lifeguarding and building surfboards to make ends meet, followed by six months of the same in India, Sri Lanka and the Andoman Islands.
When I’m busily working away in my office or lab and the weather is so cold, it always gives me smile to think of ‘T’ surfing on a beach somewhere...
I’m hoping to catch up with him on our last ditch attempt to meet up at Heathrow airport on his way to Chennai, so wish me luck ! Surf’s up dude...
J’s record of the week:
‘Jammin’
By Bob Marley



I received some sad news this week. An old friend of mine, Jim Cogan passed away recently. He was an amazing individual. He was our neighbour when I was growing up and although he had four children of his own, he always welcomed me like an additional member of the family. He was a teacher for over thirty years, then spent his retirement working for an AIDS/HIV charity and various educational outreach programmes. I have one particular childhood memory of a family day out, all of us kids were singing along to the Bob Marley ‘Legend’ album and he tried to get us to define the word ‘Jammin.’ Actually, we had great difficulty and a lot of fun trying and the creation of a lovely memory ! Jerushah X

No comments:

Post a Comment