Thursday 21 October 2010

Road rage:

Yesterday I experienced a fabulous (is that the right word...?) example of road rage that I would like to share, plus a cautionary tale about the same. A driver was careering along the A289 gesticulating at a variety of cars, plus beeping and flashing at intervals (it wasn’t me, don’t worry!). ‘Someone’s having a bad morning!’ I said to myself, which nearly got even worse when he hastily changed lanes, pulled close in front of another car and subsequently jammed on his brakes. The other driver narrowly missed him, then it was his turn to be on the receiving end of some beeping , flashing and a variety of gesticulations.. Hope he managed to survive the day unscathed!!



A cautionary tale... A few years ago I was amongst a group of friends, walking along Westcombe Park Road in Greenwich. We had barely stepped off the pavement to cross the road, when a woman came roaring around the corner, yelling at us to ‘Get out of the <insert swearword of your choice> way!’ out of her open car window. She was so busy concentrating on yelling at us that she failed to notice the stationary car right in front of her... Can you guess what happened ? Needless to say the group of us were not her main concern after that ! I think the moral of the story should be ‘Drive with all due care and attention...’
Life’s too short to get road rage everyone !

J’s Record of week :

Pull up to the bumper
 
by Grace Jones

I thought this would be a bit topical for my blog
entry this week ! Too obvious ?? Perhaps !
It was first released in 1982 from the ‘Nightclubbing’ album, but only reached number 53 in the UK charts. It was rereleased in 1986 and that time it reached number 12. Actually it is 1986 when I remember dancing around to ‘Pull up to the bumper’ wearing my royal blue ¾ length sleeved shirt , chunky blue plastic beads (oh so cool!), black lace jeans and matching royal blue stilettos... Happy carefree days ! Jerushah x

No comments:

Post a Comment